Jan 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Edited Jan 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I've never tried using MonoGame before so I was wondering if I could get some answers to a few questions.
1. Is it possible to develop on Windows 7 with Visual Studio? (I'm asking this because all the tutorials out there seem to be for Windows 8)
2. If so, are there are any helloworld tutorials out there for Windows 7 desktop?
3. Is it possible to develop game applications for a browser similar to Unity or Flash?
4. I've finished the "Installing Prerequisites on Windows" tutorial. Is there a template for a Windows desktop template? I didn't see one in "Creating
a Game class".
5. I'm assuming it doesn't but does Monogame require XNA to work?
6. I have Visual Studio 2012 open. In the Templates > Visual C# > Windows, I currently do not see a Monogame template. Could someone give me some pointers? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. In the Solution Explorer I see the following 3 projects...
Isn't there supposed to be a MonoGame project template that should be selectable?
Basically I'm trying to do a helloworld. :)